Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
SophiaAnnL

Reply to message

I'll give you the solutions to get the payroll taxes straightened out, madbiker.

The payroll taxes will automatically calculate after you've set them up in QuickBooks. If they don't, it's probably because they were over-withheld on your previous payroll run. That's why they're trying to compensate on the recent payroll. To verify if this is the cause, you may refer to the Payroll Summary report.

QuickBooks Desktop has an auto-correct feature for payroll. This means that if the taxes weren't taken out, the system will fix them on your next payroll run until the calculation is accurate. This way, you won't have to enter manual adjustments that might confuse the program and mess up your books.

If this happens on your next payroll, you can revert the paychecks to let QuickBooks calculate the taxes correctly for that pay period.

Here's how:

1. At the top menu, click Employees and select Payroll Center.
  2. Go to the payroll that you're working on. (Start Scheduled Payroll or Pay Employees)
  3. Right-click on the employee name that didn't calculate correctly, and select Revert Paycheck.
  4. Click Open Paycheck Detail to re-enter the payroll information.

Please let me know if you have follow-up questions on this. I'll be right here to answer them for you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us