Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
MaryGraceS

Reply to message

Hello there, @Ames79.

Thank you for joining the Community. Allow me to help share some insights about adding the Description on the Estimates by Job.

Currently, the option to add the item's description on the report is unavailable. However, you can add a memo to show the description of the report.

Here's how: 

1. On the Estimates by Job report, double click a transaction.
  2. On the Estimate page, enter the description on the MEMO field.
  3. Click Save & Close
  4. Select Yes to confirm. 

After you add the memo, you can customize the report to make sure the Memo column is selected. 

Here's how: 

1. At the top left, select the Customize Report button. 
  2. Select the Display tab.
  3. Under COLUMNS, put a check mark next to Memo
  4. Click OK

I'll make sure to pass your idea to our Product Development team to see if this feature will be available for future updates. You can also send your product suggestions. 

This way, we'll be able to know what product features or options we need to add in the future updates.  To send your feedback, please go to the Help menu, choose to Send Feedback Online, then click Product Suggestion.

I've also attached this article for additional reference: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

For additional help, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care support. They can use the screen sharing tool to help you get this resolved in no time. 

Here's how you can reach them: 

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. At the top right, select your product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. Select a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button.

These resources should help to get you on the right track.

Stay in touch if you have any other questions about customizing reports in QuickBooks Desktop. I'll be happy to help you out. Wishing you and your business continued success.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us