@watkinsaviation, It's great to see you here in the community. I'll provide you with some information about your query.
You can consider changing your set up to be able to use QuickBooks Payment and then let your customers pay the e-invoices. Here's an overview of what you're going to do:
- Create customer's profile for your customers here in QuickBooks Desktop(QBDT)
- Create a service item for the Cars
- Use the class tracking per line item for the color of your cars
- Turn on QuickBooks Payments in QBDT
- Send Invoices to your customers and let them pay it by themselves.
To create a customer's profile for your customers in QuickBooks Desktop, here's how:
- Go to Customers and then select Customer center.
- Click on New Customer & Job.
- Select New Customer and then enter their Information.
You'll then proceed to create a service item for the Cars. To begin, here's how:
1. Go to Lists and the select Item list.
2. Below, click on Item drop-down arrow and then choose New or New Item.
3. Choose Service as your item type and then enter the necessary information about the service item.
4. Once done, click OK.
Use class tracking per line item for the color of the car. To begin, you'll have to turn on the class tracking feature in your QuickBooks Desktop. You can refer to this article for the steps.
Now that you've turned on the class tracking feature in your QBDT account, you can proceed to create your classes. You can refer to this article for the steps on how to create and manage classes in QuickBooks Online.
To connect your QuickBooks Payments account to your QuickBooks Desktop, you can refer to this page for the steps. This page also contains an instructional video.
Once done, you can now send invoices to your customers and then let them pay it by themselves. To send, you can refer to this page for the steps.
You can also refer to your accountant. This way, they can provide you with other options.
I’m adding a link here where you can search for an article that will help you if you need some information or procedures while using QuickBooks Desktop. Help articles.
You can get back to me if you have other QuickBooks-related concern. To notify me, you can click the REPLY button below. I'll keep an eye for your response. Keep safe!