Find out what to do if can't sign in to your account for QuickBooks, Payroll, or other Intuit products.
If you forgot your user ID or password, don't worry. Here’s how to get into your account and back to business as usual.
Note: If you can sign in and just need to update the email address, learn how to change the email address for your account.
If you still have the phone number or email address
Still have access to the phone number or email address on file? You can get back into your account within minutes:
- Go to our sign in help page.
- Enter the phone number, email address, or user ID for your account. Or, select Try something else and answer other questions about yourself. Then select Continue.
- Check your phone or email for a message from Intuit or QuickBooks. Enter the code we sent, or follow the instructions in the message. We may ask you for a little more info to make sure it’s really you.
- When prompted, reset your password.
Once you're back in your account, you can change the email address if you need to.
If you can’t get a message at the phone or email on file
If you no longer have access to the phone number or email address, it's okay. You can send a request to our account protection team to recover your account. Here's what to do:
- Take a high-quality photo or scan of your driver's license, passport, or other government-issued ID. Or, you can use a notarized document with your name and address.
- Fill out the form below with your info, and upload your ID or document.
- Within one business day, look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the next steps. If we approve your request, you'll receive a link to reset your password.
We'll take care of your request within one business day. Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PT.
Once you're back in your account, you can change your email address or other info. For extra security, our general support team doesn't have access to update your info.
|Important: Help us get you back in to your account quickly and safely.