I'm now on my fifth call trying to get an issue with Payroll Taxes resolved. I was signed up months ago for Automatic payment, and then without warning or any notification, taxes were not paid. I only noticed the "Past Due" notification when I logged in.
* At no point was I assigned a case number. Every call starts from scratch.
* On the second call, the customer support person gave me an email for the tax notice resolution department. The only way to receive this email was to hear it over the phone and hope I got it correct.
* I sent the tax notice to the email address provided. There was no reply, follow-up, or notification indicating my documents were received.
* On the third call I was told the matter was still pending, and I could expect answer soon, perhaps even the same day.
* On the fourth call, a week later, it took over fifteen minutes to discover the person answering the call couldn't help me because they were in a different version of the Payroll department. (The number of virtually identical names is highly confusing.)
* The fifth call routed me back to the same support person as the fourth call. Now I'm on hold.
Other than going through this same process again and again, is there any way whatsoever to confirm that anything is happening?
What I would expect:
* Any such call would have a case number that other support can refer to.
* An important QuickBooks email address could be found online, or emailed to me, so that there's no chance I'll mistype it.
* When working on a time-sensitive issues such as taxes, I would have some means to contact the department working to resolve the issue.
* When I place a follow-up call after receiving no notification or follow-up, I don't have to start from scratch, which can easily consume 5 - 10 minutes.
I wish I could make it better, @Rethunk.
As much as I'd love to offer help and share how you can resolve the notice you received, only our Payroll Care Team has the ability to do so.
Normally, you'll only have one reference number for every interaction with our specialists once your inquiry is the same on the first one. Even if you already called our support, I'd still recommend contacting them as they've got the tools needed in resolving your tax notice.
In addition, I'd also raise feedback regarding your interaction from them to let the appropriate department know and improve how they interact with our customers, like you.
Lastly, I've also included this reference for a compilation of articles you can use while working with us: Help Articles for QuickBooks Online Payroll.
If you have any other questions, please let me know by leaving any comments below. Stay safe!
"In addition, I'd also raise feedback regarding your interaction from them to let the appropriate department know and improve how they interact with our customers, like you."
It's not clear to me how to do that. Gear icon > Profile > Feedback? Send a message to some tech support email address?
As far as I can tell, there's no direct access to any department besides sales. I've spent months of QB fees, hours on tech support, etc., and it's cost me much more money than if I sat, waited for tax notices to come in, and paid the fines.
At the end of support calls I'm told that I'll receive an email survey to rate service. However, the first question in the survey emails I've received invariably asks me whether I'd recommend QuickBooks.
I'm sorry, but I'm encountering one mixed message after another.
The articles I've found are sometimes helpful, but some are out of date. Searching in the hope that I guess the right keywords is of little use when a feature I'd never heard of (and hence couldn't guess the name of) prevented my taxes from being paid.
Thanks for your replies, but this has been exhausting, and the inability to reach the same team consistently has been frustrating.
It isn't necessary to go through the sales department to get your QuickBooks Online (QBO) questions answered, @Forrest8171. Let me share further details about this.
You're able to get the help you deserve and receive the appropriate answers to your QuickBooks questions through the Help menu. From there, you'll be given the option to Ask the Community (just like what you did), Start a chat, or Get a callback from one of our representatives. You'll first have to check out our support hours to ensure we can assist you on time. Here's how:
In the meantime, I'm adding this article to further guide you in managing the growth of your business using QBO: QuickBooks Help Articles. It includes topics about data security, banking, and expenses, to name a few. You can click the + More topics button to view other selections.
Let me know in the comments below if you have other concerns about managing your business with QBO. I'm just around to help. Take care always.
"You're able to get the help you deserve and receive the appropriate answers to your QuickBooks questions through the Help menu. From there, you'll be given the option to Ask the Community (just like what you did), Start a chat, or Get a callback ..."
1. The Help menu doesn't work well. I kept getting directed to the wrong department.
2. Ask the Community is what I thought I was doing here, but I received a rote reply that seemed to ignore the specifics of the problem I'm having.
3. "Get a callback" works, but may not connect me to the correct department.
Here's what would make sense to me:
1. Offer an option to connect to a department directly. If I'm using Payroll Core, have a link to connect me to Payroll Core. The Help feature does not work well, and in any case should be supplemented by some straighforward means to reach customer support. If I already know I need to talk to someone, why would I (not Intuit, but I) want to have to click through half a dozen options to do so?
2. Make it easier to figure out which product / variant I'm actually using.
3. Reduce the time customer service reps spend telling me "I understand your problem" and other scripted phrases. On a recent call, it took several attempts to get a simple answer to a critical yes / no question.
Hello there, @Rethunk.
Thanks for letting us know about your experience. This isn't the kind of customer service we would like you to have.
Should you need to speak to a representative from our QuickBooks Payroll department, you can click this link to chat directly with our Payroll Core support: ttps://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/prechats/offerings/QBOP-Core/23170/view.
You also want to visit this link: Contact Payroll Support - QuickBooks - Intuit. It has links where you can select your product and be routed to the right department.
Feel free to message again if you have additional concerns. I'm always here to listen and help in any way I can.