Hi there, @tina-altaclaro-c.
I want to ensure you'll be able enter employee deductions in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
Below are the steps you can follow in assigning deduction or contribution to your employee:
- In your QBO account, go to the Payroll menu and select Employees.
- Next, click the employee's name.
- Then, select the Edit icon next to Pay.
- From the deduction section, choose + Add a new deduction or + Add deductions.
- In the Deductions/contributions dropdown menu, select New deduction/contribution.
- Next, choose a Deduction type and Type from the small arrow icon.
- Input the Provider name (appears on paycheck).
- Click the Amount per pay period icon, and select $ amount or % of gross pay and enter the $ amount or percentage. Do the same for the Company-paid contribution as applicable.
- Once finished, select Done.
For your reference about the process, please visit this article: Add or edit a deduction or contribution.
Also, making changes to your employee payroll deductions such as the amount deducted, or remove the item from your employee is a breeze in QBO. Check this link for the detailed steps: Change or delete a payroll deduction item in Online Payroll. This also includes guidance on how you can perform the action to other payroll service.
Stay in touch if you have any other questions setting up deductions in QBO. I'm just a few clicks away to help. Have a great day ahead.