Welcome to the Community space, Student7.
Let me give some info on how you can correct the transaction.
Before doing so, please consult with your accountant if you're unsure about making any changes on the past reconciled transactions. The process can get tricky and they know how to handle the next steps. Don't have an accountant? We can help you find one.
To undo the previous reconciliation, you can follow the steps below or if you have invited an accountant into your account, you can ask them. They can undo the entire reconciliation for that specific period.
- Go to Accounting > Chart of accounts.
- Find the account that has the reconciled transaction. Then click the View register link.
- Select the transaction to expand the view, and in the Reconcile Status column (indicated by a checkmark ✔ column.) you’ll see an “R”.
- In the checkmark ✔ column, select the box with the “R” until the box is blank. This removes the transaction from the reconciliation.
- Hit Save.
- Close the account register.
Once done, you can reconcile the account again.
To learn more about the fixing the past reconciliation and how you can undo them, please check out these articles:
Please keep us posted on how things go after correcting the transactions. We're always around to help you out again. Take care and stay safe.