I am currently reconciling a bank account. It has been reconciled for previous months (entire 2018). However, there are many transactions that are not yet reconciled. In addition, my GL is off to the bank by the sum of all the unreconciled amounts. But my recon in QB agrees to the bank. So what do I do with the unreconciled transactions? Do I just leave them alone? What is the best solution to clean up the previous users mess?
I appreciate you taking the time to contact the Community. I'm here to make sure you're able to reconcile your account and clear up any transactions that you don't need in your account.
It's great to hear that you've been able to successfully reconcile your bank account for the previous months. The transactions in question that aren't matching up with your statements could be potentially be duplicates or entries that were meant for a different account.
Cleaning up the register and getting rid of the unwanted activity can be done in just a few steps. Here's how:
1. Click the Banking tab in the left navigation bar.
2. Make sure the correct account you need to work in is highlighted in blue at the top of the page.
3. Select the blue link labeled "Go to Register."
4. Choose the transaction you'd like to remove by clicking it, then click Delete.
5. You'll be asked if you're sure. If you are, select Yes.
Be sure to check and double-check each debit or credit before deleting it. You may want to consult with your accountant before removing activity from QuickBooks.