Hi @Jeffrey Dickson,
I appreciate you for getting back with some clarification about the payment issue. I'm here to help handle the failed credit card payment in QuickBooks Online.
Yes, you're right. You'll need to create a service item to track the rejected payment from the customer.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Products and Services.
- Select New and then Service.
- Enter "Rejected credit card payment" for the name.
- Add "Credit card payment received rejected by the bank" for the description.
- If the bank deposit is already deposited, select the bank account you deposited into for the Income account. Or if you haven't made the bank deposit yet, select Undeposited funds for the Income account.
- Select Save and close.
Rejected credit card payments or ACH transfers have the same process for insufficient funds. Once done, you follow the remaining steps in the order shown in this article (scroll down to Step 3): Handle a rejected or failed bank transfer payment.
If you need more help, you can contact our Payments Team. Our support is available from 6 AM - 6 PM PT (Monday - Friday).
You can reach them through these steps:
- Go to: Contact Payments or Point of Sale Support.
- Click Chat with us under QuickBooks Payments.
- Enter the necessary information.
- Hit Start Chat.
Additionally, I've attached a link you can check out to learn more about what to do if customers' credit card payments get declined when you process them: Fix customer's declined credit card payments.
Leave a comment below if you need more assistance with the declined customer payment in QuickBooks. I'm always here to help. Take care.