Learn how to install and set up an iPP350 card reader in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Ingenico PIN Pad 350 (iPP350) driver must be installed and configured to work with Point of Sale. It must also be upgraded to prevent interruption in processing debit/credit transactions.
Step 1. Connect your new PIN Pad
- Plug the USB cable of the PIN pad to the computer.
- The PIN Pad screen should light up with a prompt to install.
Step 2. Install the device drivers
- The newly connected device should be recognized by Windows and should install the required software drivers automatically.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers and finish the installation.
- If the installation is successful, test the PIN Pad.
- If you have any issues installing, troubleshoot the PIN Pad. Note: The normal standby screen on the iPP350 will say “This lane closed” even when Point Of Sale is open on the workstation. When you open a sales receipt, the screen will change to “Please slide card.”
Step 3. Test PIN Pad
- Go to Help, then select Hardware Troubleshooter.
- Select PIN Pad, then Next.
- If the PIN Pad is properly connected, drivers are properly installed, and POS Software is up-to-date, you will be prompted to choose the Pin Pad model. From the drop-down list, select Ingenico Telium iPP3xx Series PIN pad (USB).
- Select Test the PIN Pad.
- On the next screen, select Begin Test.
- You should receive a prompt to slide the card.
- Select Debit/Credit/Gift card on the PIN Pad screen depending on the card swiped.
If a debit card is swiped If a credit card is swiped
- The PIN Pad will prompt you to enter the PIN and press the Green button.
- Select YES or NO for the cashback option.
- Confirm by selecting the YES option for the confirmation of amount in the last screen.
- Close the test wizard upon completion of the test.
- Confirm by selecting the YES option for the confirmation of amount in the screen by pressing the Green button.
- Close the test wizard upon the completion of the test.
Troubleshoot the drivers
Note: Drivers are automatically installed by Windows as soon as the new PIN Pad is connected.
To manually install drivers
- Go to Control Panel, select Device Manager, then Other Devices.
- Right-click and select Update Driver Software, then Browse my computer for driver software. Then select Next.
- Complete the installation process. If a security message pops up, select Install anyway.
- Upon successful driver installation, test PIN Pad.
If installation fails
- Download the Ingenico Telium Driver and follow the steps below to manually install. After the file has finished downloading, extract the files within and run (double-click) the UsbDrvInstall.exe file.
- The default location for drivers is usually shown. Select Next.
- Right-click the UsbDrvInstall.exe file and select Run as administrator.
- Select Next.
- Select Install and then Finish.
- Upon successful driver installation, test PIN pad.
Note: If you are replacing an old PIN pad model with the new iPP350 and the system doesn’t recognize your newly connected PIN Pad, toggle the PIN Pad option in Hardware troubleshooter.
- Select a different model of PIN Pad and re-select the Ingenico IPP3xx series PIN pad (USB)
- If PIN pad is still not recognized, update Point of Sale to the latest release then test PIN Pad again.