Learn how to install and set up compatible hardware for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
To begin work in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, all compatible peripherals such as barcode scanners, receipt printers, and PIN pads must be set up properly. We'll show you how.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation comes with a collection of drivers for supported and former compatible hardware. Installing these drivers allows your system to instantly recognize new devices when connected.
Step 1: install the hardware driver (if applicable)
The following devices require driver installation prior to connecting QuickBooks Point of Sale. If you're not using any of these devices, please proceed to Step 2.
- Pinpad - Ingenico Tetra Lane 5000
- Receipt Printer - Star TSP 100, Star mPOP 2-in-1
- Tag Printer - Zebra ZD410
- Pole Display - Logic Controls 9900
- Physical Inventory Scanner - Cipherlab 8000/8001
Here's how to install the driver:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Type “File Explorer” into the search and open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Point of Sale folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale XX.0\Drivers
In this path, XX.0 represents your version of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. For example, 19.0 is QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0
- Browse to the folder of the driver you want to install.
- Run the .exe file for the driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Step 2: setup the hardware in QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Select the File menu, then select Hardware Setup Wizard.
- Select the type of hardware you're connecting.
- Select Next and follow the on-screen instructions to connect, set up, and test your hardware.
For in-depth details on how to setup your supported hardware, view these corresponding articles: