System requirements provides you the information needed to ensure your computer hardware, software, and operating system meet the minimum requirements for your version of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed1
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed (only supported until January 2020)
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and SP2 (only supported until January 2020)
1Natively installed means it was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means that it doesn't need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
Internet access is required
Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires full versions of the following:
- Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, 2016, Office 365 (includes 64-bit)
- Microsoft Word 2010, 2013, 2016, Office 365 (includes 64-bit)
Financial software compatibility
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 works with the following:
Note: The products below are sold separately.
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2016-2019
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 16.0-19.0
Important: If the individual product requirements above do not specifically state that an operating system, hardware, software, firewall or antivirus is supported, it has not been tested. Intuit cannot promise that your experience will be trouble-free. If you experience problems outside of the supported environment, technical support will be limited to standard troubleshooting. If unresolved, the program should be returned to a supported environment for additional support. Also note that should Microsoft no longer support the aforementioned products, then neither shall Intuit.