Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Amend or Correct Form 1120S to Form 1120

Good evening,


I would like to know if it is possible to amend or correct Form 1120S to Form 1120.


I own 2 companies, A owns B. My accountant filled all the correct forms on 2015,16,17 but in 2018, company B was filled as 1120S or Corporation S which was a mistake. The accountant contacted the IRS and they told him it is not possible.


Also, we need to amend all company A 1120 forms to 51% and 49% shares allocation, not 100%.


The thing is my immigration lawyer needs this to be fixed to be able to renew my investor visa E2 to avoid any problems at the embassy. 


I hope someone can help me out with this and thanks in advance! 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Amend or Correct Form 1120S to Form 1120

Hello there, @rickycas6.


To correct Form 1120S for company B, you'll need to submit the exact form which is 1120. However, I recommend contacting IRS again to verify if you can cancel Form 1120S that was previously filed since you're going to send the accurate return for your company.


On the other hand, you can file an amendment for form 1120S of company A, all you have to do is to manually download and fill out the form from the IRS website.


These are the steps that you'll need to take so your immigration lawyer can proceed with the renewal of your investor visa E2.


I got your back if you have any other questions. I'll make sure you're taken care of. Wishing you and your business continued success! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us