Yes, you can merge two account registers into one as long as they are of the same level and have no sub-accounts. Please note that this action is permanent and irreversible.
If you're merging bank accounts that have reconciliation reports, these will be deleted from the account that has been merged, but the reconcile status (R) will remain on the merged transactions. I suggest saving reconciled reports before merging the accounts.
Here's how to merge accounts:
1. Click the Gear icon at the upper right corner.
2. Choose Charts of Accounts.
3. Select the account you want to keep and select Edit from the drop-down from the Action column.
4. Take note of the Name and Detail Type, and check if the Is subaccount option is marked. If it is marked, remember the parent account associated.
5. Click Cancel to return to the Chart of Accounts.
6. Choose the account which you don't want to use, and select Edit from the drop-down in the Action column.
7. Make changes in the Name and Detail Type field. Mark Is subaccount as appropriate.
8. Click the Save button. Then select Yes to confirm that you want to merge the two accounts.