Thanks for sharing your concern in the QuickBooks Community page, @joel-pollardspac.
Yes, your customers can set up Autopay for recurring invoices. If you don't have invoices set up to recur, here’s how:
- Create your invoice, then select Create recurring invoice on the transaction.
Or you can create a recurring template.
- Specify the frequency interval, start date, and end date of the recurring invoice.
- When you finish the recurring invoice, select Save template.
If you already have a recurring invoice setup, you don’t need to create a new one. Autopay is available for your customer if they use the payment methods you’ve selected on your invoice. It works for both card and ACH transactions.
Please take note that your customer needs their Intuit account to use autopay. If they don't have an Intuit account, they'll need to create a new login.
If you'd like to check if Autopay is set up for an invoice, view the Activity Tracker. Let me show you how:
- Go to Get paid & pay and select Invoices (Take me there).
- Find the invoice you wish to check for payment status.
- Select the status field of that invoice line to bring up the activity tracker panel.
When you see the Autopay Scheduled status under the invoice activity section, then you know your customer set up Autopay.
For more details, check out this article: How to set up automatic payments for recurring invoices.
Don't hesitate to tag my name in the comment section below if you have other concerns or questions. I'm always ready to help.