Created with Sketch.Learn about PPP and Loan Forgiveness, stay informed with the latest changes.
Created with Sketch.Need help with 1099's or other Year End topics? Visit our Year End Resources page.
Created with Sketch.New to QuickBooks or using a new product? Visit our Get Started resource page to help you get going.
Created with Sketch.Need to make changes to your account? Visit the Account Manager Portal.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

How do I change the amount on a check that was entered wrong?

if a check amount was enter wrong, how do you correct it?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

How do I change the amount on a check that was entered wrong?

Hello, dtfarms.

Let me help you make a correction on your check. 

You'll want to pull up the check, and then adjust the amount. You can use the Search function by clicking on the Magnifying glass icon (located beside the Gear icon) to look for it. 

If the check is from a closed accounting period, you have the option to make the correction. Though, I'd suggest reaching out to an accountant for the best possible action. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if there's anything else you need help with. 

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us