Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
Hi there, jackdeblimbaugh.
I appreciate you taking the time to visit the Community. I can show you how to delete accounts in the Chart of Accounts.
There are just a few steps to delete unwanted accounts. Here's how:
1. Click Accounting in the left navigation bar.
2. Make sure Chart of Accounts is selected at the top of the page.
3. Locate the account you'd like to remove, and click the drop-down arrow beside of View register.
4. Select Delete.
5. You'll be asked if you're sure. If you are, click Yes.
The account will then be made inactive. If you find that you need to use the account again, you can easily make is active by:
1. Clicking the Accounting tab.
3. Above the Action column, choose the small gear icon.
4. Place a check in the box for Include inactive.
5. Locate the account, and click the blue Make active link under Action.
I've got a great article for you that offers additional details about using the Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks Online. You can check it out by following this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/Understand-QuickBooks-Chart-of-Accoun....
This info will allow you to make accounts inactive or active again. I wish you the best of luck. You know where to find me if you have any other questions.