Hey there, @nyspotlessllc.
I'll share with you the steps on how to handle a personal expense in a business account in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
When you use a business account to pay for a personal expense, you can record it in QuickBooks. After that, you can reimburse the company.
Step 1: Record a personal expense from a business account
- Click + New and select Expense.
- Choose a Payee from the drop-down menu and select the Bank Account, Cash Account, or Credit Card you used to make the purchase.
- In the Category details section, select the drop-down list to select the tax category that fits your need.
- Enter the Amount of the purchase.
- Select Save and close.
Step 2: Reimburse the company
- Click the + New icon and select Bank Deposit.
- Choose the Account to add the reimbursement to, and select the Date.
- Go to the Add funds to this deposit section. In the Received From field, enter the person who made the personal expense, then select the account.
- Select the Payment Method and enter the reimbursement amount.
- Click Save and close.
Please take note that it's not advisable to mix personal and business funds. It is much easier to keep track of business expenses for tax purposes if you use a separate business account instead.
For more info, please check out this article: Mixing business and personal funds.
Let me know if you need further assistance with this. I'm always around to provide answers and clarifications to your questions. Have a great day ahead and take care.