Learn how to delete a tax payment in Online Payroll.
If you pay your own taxes through QuickBooks Online Payroll or Intuit Online Payroll, you may need to delete a tax payment. In some cases you can do this yourself. In other cases you may need to contact us.
Requirements for deleting a tax payment
You can delete a payment if:
- The tax payment is manually recorded (non-electronic payments).
- The electronic payment has not been processed yet.
You can't delete a payment if:
- The tax payment is in process or already processed electronically.
- The form along with the payment was already transmitted or accepted by the agency.
- The payment was rejected due to insufficient funds (NSF).
- You can delete Federal tax payment two business days prior to the payment date, before 5pm PST.
- States have different lead times for processing tax payments. Some states may take up to five business days. If the lead time for your state is five business days, you need to delete the payment five business days prior to the payment date, before 5pm PST.
Delete a tax payment
The steps to delete tax payments depend on the payroll service you have. Select your product below.
|Note: Not sure which payroll service you have? Here's how to find which payroll service you have.|