Learn how to upgrade to a newer version QuickBooks Desktop.
How to upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop subscription
When a new version is available, you'll get a message when you open QuickBooks.
- When you’re ready to start, select Upgrade Now.
- Select the Keep old version on my computer checkbox if you also want to keep your current version of QuickBooks. Then select Let’s go. QuickBooks downloads, installs, and registers the new version for you. It also creates an updated version of your company files.
- When the upgrades finished, select Open QuickBooks.
Note: The upgrade may take some time depending on your internet speed and size of your company files.
How to upgrade if you don’t have a QuickBooks Desktop subscription
If you don’t see a prompt to upgrade, don’t worry, It means you made a one-time purchase of QuickBooks. You can still upgrade using the easy upgrade tool. Here’s how.
- From the Help menu, select Upgrade QuickBooks.
- If you’re already using Quickbooks, select Upgrade Now.
- Select the version you want to upgrade to, then select Upgrade Now.
- If you want to keep your current version, select Keep old version on my computer, then select Let’s go.
QuickBooks will download, install, and register the new version for you, and then create an updated version of your company file.
If you need to purchase QuickBooks Desktop
If you need to purchase QuickBooks, you can purchase it here. After you purchase QuickBooks, you can start the upgrade tool.