For QuickBooks Workforce Services for Online Payroll in UK
Thank you for selecting the QuickBooks Workforce Services (“Services”) offered by Intuit Limited and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates (referred to as “Intuit”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). Review these Terms of Service (“Agreement”) thoroughly. This Agreement is a legal agreement between you and Intuit. By accepting electronically (for example, clicking “I Agree”), installing, accessing or using the Services, you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to this Agreement, then you may not use the Services. If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to these terms and conditions as its authorized representative, in which case the terms “you” or “your” will refer to such entity and its affiliates as well as you. If the legal entity that you represent does not agree with these terms and conditions, you must not accept this Agreement, register, and use or access the Services as an authorized representative.
If you are an individual located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) who is accessing or using the Services, your relationship is with Intuit Ltd. (referred to as “Intuit”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). If you are located outside of the EEA please go here to find out more about the Intuit entity that your relationship is with and the governing law.
A. GENERAL TERMS
This Agreement describes the terms governing your use of the Intuit Services. It includes by reference:
- Intuit’s Privacy Statement
- Additional Terms and Conditions, which may include those from third parties.
- Any terms provided separately to you for the Services, including product or program terms, ordering, activation, payment terms, data processing agreements, etc.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Services. By accessing or using our Services you agree that:
- You can form a binding contract with Intuit;
- You are not a person who is prohibited from receiving the Services under the laws of the United States, England, Wales, or any other applicable jurisdiction; and
- You will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations, including import and export regulations.
2. YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICES.
2.1 The Services are protected by copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. You are only granted the right to use the Services and only for the purposes described by Intuit. Intuit reserves all other rights in the Services. Until termination of this Agreement and as long as you meet any applicable payment obligations and comply with this Agreement, Intuit grants to you a personal, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable right and license to use the Services.
2.2 You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services or content in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. You agree you will not:
- Provide access to or give any part of the Services to any unauthorized third party.
- Reproduce, modify, copy, deconstruct, sell, trade or resell the Services.
- Make the Services available on any file-sharing or application hosting service.
3. USE WITH YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.
Use of these Services may be available through a compatible mobile device, the Internet, and may require software. You agree that you are solely responsible for these requirements, including any applicable changes, updates and fees as well as the terms of your agreement with your mobile device and telecommunications provider.
INTUIT MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO:
- THE AVAILABILITY OF TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES FROM YOUR PROVIDER AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY LOCATION;
- ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION OF THE TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES; AND
- ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR FAILURE TO TRANSMIT ANY DATA, COMMUNICATIONS OR SETTINGS CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES.
4. DATA PROCESSING AND PRIVACY.
4.1. Data Processing and Privacy (All Services except Payroll Services). Except as described in Section 5.2: (a) Intuit is the controller of the personal information it processes about you when you use the Services and (b) You acknowledge that Intuit will process your personal information as described in our Privacy Statement when you use our Services.
4.2 Data Processing and Privacy (Payroll). If you use our Payroll Services, you will be the controller of the personal information that we process on your behalf and we will process that personal information as a processor in accordance with our Data Processing Agreement available here.
5.1 You are responsible for your content. You are responsible for all materials, data, and personal information (“Content”) uploaded, posted or stored through your use of the Services. You grant Intuit a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to host and use any Content provided through your use of the Services. Archive your Content frequently. You are responsible for any lost or unrecoverable Content. You must provide all required and appropriate warnings, information and disclosures. Intuit is not responsible for the Content or data you submit through the Services. You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, engage in or transmit any of the following, including but not limited to:
- Illegal, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, harassing, offensive, inappropriate or objectionable information or communications of any kind, including without limitation conduct that would encourage “flaming” others, or criminal or civil liability under any local, state, federal or foreign law;
- Content that would impersonate someone else or falsely represent your identity or qualifications, or that constitutes a breach of any individual’s privacy;
- Except as permitted by Intuit in writing, investment opportunities, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, other unsolicited commercial communication or engage in spamming or flooding;
- Virus, trojan horse, worm or other disruptive or harmful software or data; and
- Any information, software or Content which is not legally yours and without permission from the copyright owner or intellectual property rights owner.
5.2 Community forums. The Services may include a community forum or other social features to exchange Content and information with other users of the Services and the public (“Community Forum”). Intuit does not support and is not responsible for the content in these Community Forums. Please use respect when you interact with other users in a Community Forum. Do not reveal confidential or other information that you do not want to make public. Users may post hypertext links to content of third parties for which Intuit is not responsible.
5.3 Intuit may freely use feedback you provide. You agree that Intuit may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Services, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant Intuit a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to Intuit in any way.
5.4 Intuit may monitor your Content. Intuit may, but has no obligation to, monitor content on the Services. We may disclose any information necessary to satisfy our legal obligations, protect Intuit or its customers, or operate the Services properly. Intuit, in its sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or refuse to remove any Content, in whole or in part, alleged to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS
6.1 Intuit does not give professional advice. Unless specifically included with the Services, Intuit is not in the business of providing legal, financial, accounting, tax, health care, real estate or other professional services or advice. Consult the services of a competent professional when you need this type of assistance.
6.2 We may tell you about other Intuit services. You may be offered other services, products, or promotions by Intuit (other “Intuit Services”). Additional terms and conditions and fees may apply. With some Intuit Services you may upload or enter data from your account(s) such as names, addresses and phone numbers, purchases, etc., to the Internet.
6.3 Communications. Intuit may be required by law to send you communications about the Services or third party products. You agree that Intuit may send these communications to you via email or by posting them on our websites.
6.4 You will manage your passwords and accept updates. You are responsible for securely managing your password(s) for the Services and to contact Intuit if you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account. The Services may periodically be updated with tools, utilities, improvements, third party applications, or general updates to improve the Services. You agree to receive these updates.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
7.1 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE, AND CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY,“SUPPLIERS”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES ARE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, DATA LOSS, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT IN OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES. INTUIT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAWS OF ENGLAND AND WALES ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES IN RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE, AND CONTENT ARE LIMITED TO 60 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICES, WHICHEVER IS SOONER.
7.2 INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL SATISFY OR ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OR LAWS OR REGULATIONS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO SUCH CLAIM. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (B) DAMAGES RELATING TO FAILURES OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, THE INTERNET, ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, CORRUPTION, SECURITY, LOSS OR THEFT OF DATA, VIRUSES, SPYWARE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, OR USE OF SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT DOES NOT MEET INTUIT SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF INTUIT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND ITS USE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, NO PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION IS PROHIBITED BY THE APPLICABLE LAWS OF ENGLAND AND WALES AND FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT INTUIT DOES NOT EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR: (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR AGENTS; (II) FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION; (III) ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED BY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES.
You agree to indemnify and hold Intuit and its affiliates and Suppliers harmless from any and all claims, liability and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of your use of the Services or breach of this Agreement (collectively referred to as “Claims”). Intuit reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims. You agree to reasonably cooperate as requested by Intuit in the defense of any Claims.
We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time, and the changes will be effective when posted through the Services, on our website for the Services or when we notify you by other means. We may also change or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part. Your continued use of the Services indicates your agreement to the changes.
Intuit may immediately, in its sole discretion and without notice terminate this Agreement or suspend the Services if you fail to comply with this Agreement or if you no longer agree to receive electronic communications. Upon termination you must immediately stop using the Services and any outstanding payments will become due. Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect Intuit’s rights to any payments due to it. Intuit may terminate a free account at any time. Sections 2.2, 3 through 16 will survive and remain in effect even if the Agreement is terminated.
11. EXPORT AND TRADE RESTRICTIONS.
You acknowledge that the Services, including the mobile application, and the underlying software may include U.S. technical data subject to restrictions under export control laws and regulations administered by the United States government. You agree that you and your personnel who use the Services are not prohibited from receiving the Services under the laws of the United States, England, Wales, or other applicable jurisdiction. For example, you are not on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United Kingdom HM Treasury Financial Sanctions List, or are subject to any other similar prohibition. You will not export or re-export any part of the Services, in violation of these laws and regulations, directly or indirectly.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of England and Wales, without regard to its conflicts of law principles. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that your breach (or an apprehension of breach) of any provisions of this Agreement, or any infringement (or apprehension of infringement) of Intuit’s or its Suppliers’ intellectual property rights may cause Intuit irreparable damage for which recovery of money damages would be inadequate. Accordingly, you agree that Intuit shall be entitled, in addition to any other remedies available to it, to seek (in any court of competent jurisdiction, notwithstanding the previous sentence) any relief (whether equitable or otherwise) to prevent or restrain any such breach or apprehended breach by you or otherwise to protect Intuit’s rights under this Agreement. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales and you agree that you will procure that any third party making a claim against Intuit arising out of this Agreement shall bring such claim exclusively in the English courts and subject to the limitations and exclusions of liabilities provided for in this Agreement.
Intuit does not represent that the Services and/or content within the Services is appropriate or available for use in all jurisdictions or countries. Intuit prohibits accessing content from within countries or states where such content is illegal. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws pertaining to your use and access to the Services in your jurisdiction.
13. COMPLIANCE WITH PRESERVATION ORDERS.
You agree that we may preserve data where and to the extent required for compliance with any order or notice, whether issued to Intuit or to you, and whether issued by any court, tribunal, regulatory authority, arbitral tribunal or any body or authority exercising judicial, quasi-judicial, regulatory, or arbitral power or authority, requiring the preservation of any data, information documents or Content (a “Preservation Order”). To the extent that a Preservation Order has been issued to you, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for your compliance with it.
Any translation of this Agreement is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English version, the English version of this Agreement shall govern. In the event of a dispute the parties confirm that they have requested that this Agreement and all related documents be drafted in English.
This Agreement, including the Additional Terms below, is the entire agreement between you and Intuit and replaces all prior understandings, communications and agreements, oral or written, regarding its subject matter. If any court of law, having jurisdiction, rules that any part of this Agreement is invalid, that section will be removed without affecting the remainder of the Agreement. The remaining terms will be valid and enforceable. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. You cannot assign or transfer ownership of this Agreement to anyone without written approval of Intuit. However, Intuit may assign or transfer it without your consent to (a) an affiliate, (b) a company through a sale of assets by Intuit or © a successor by merger. Any assignment in violation of this Section shall be void. If you want to request a transfer of this Agreement, contact Intuit via an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE QUICKBOOKS WORKFORCE SERVICES FOR ONLINE PAYROLL IN UK
These Additional Terms and Conditions apply when you choose to participate in the QuickBooks Workforce Services (“Services”) and will prevail over any conflict or inconsistency with the General Terms above. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined below have the meanings provided in the General Terms above.
Use of QuickBooks Workforce: You may choose to enter your personal, National Insurance Number, and starter declaration depending upon your circumstances (collectively “Information”) at the time you set up your account. This Information will be used to facilitate payment for your payslips. You will only be able to submit your Information at the time of initial account setup. You may also choose to view your payslips, or other documents, such as P60 and P45, in an electron format in lieu of a paper format through the Services (collectively “documents”). If you choose to review your documents, your employer shall provide you a link to an electronic consent that will allow you access documents electronically. Please contact your employer directly, if you need to update any information on your document(s). If you choose to use the Services, you agree to the following:
- Consent. By submitting your Information, you consent to electronically view documents through the Services. Intuit is not responsible for any documents available through the Services or liable for any claims related to the amount withheld from your payslips.
- Documents. If required by local law, submitting a physical, hard copy of any document with your information is your sole responsibility, and Intuit has no responsibility or liability with respect to such matters. If you’ve created a Services account, and decide to submit your information manually to your employer, you continue to have access to view your documents.
- Compliance with Law. In connection with your use of Services, you agree to comply with all laws and regulations applicable to you and the Services. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. governmental embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) you are not listed on any U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United Kingdom HM Treasury Financial Sanctions List, or are subject to any other similar prohibition. You also agree not to request an ACH or card transaction that violates the laws of England, Wales and the United States, which include, but are not limited to, sanctions enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”). You will not export or re-export any part of the Services, in violation of these laws and regulations, directly or indirectly.
- Notice of Termination. If your employment is terminated, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, you will continue to have access to the Services for as long as your former employer allows such access to the Services, and the employer remains an active payroll customer or up to twelve (12) months after the employer decides to stop using the Services following the employer’s termination or cancellation of their payroll service. If the employer decides to stop using the Services, such employer may no longer be able to provide you with electronic access to your documents and you may not be able to access any data provided through the Services.