Tax Software | Tax Return Software
Smart, simple acccounting software
Tax returns are effortless when everything's in one place. Automatically organise, calculate and prepare Making Tax Digital for VAT and Construction Industry Scheme tax, then e-file to HMRC from QuickBooks. You can get real-time income tax estimates too, avoiding any Self Assessment surprises.
Know what you owe
Track VAT and construction tax (CIS) in real-time so you know how much to set aside. Self Assessment tax can be already managed in QuickBooks Self Employed and it's coming soon to QuickBooks Online. Watch this space.
Automate your admin
Connect your bank to save hours reconciling transactions or preparing tax returns. Expenses are effortless and paper free, thanks to receipt capture and mileage tracking.
Stay on top of your finances
Get a real-time view of transactions, invoices, expenses and taxes. Look 90 days ahead with QuickBooks’ Cash Flow Planner.
Speed through your VAT
Prepare, track and file VAT directly to HMRC. Use our error checker to spot common mistakes in your VAT return, saving time and giving you peace of mind.
Get instant,free support
We offer free technical support with instant chat including screen sharing.
Frequently asked questions
I need to complete a Self Assessment tax return. Which QuickBooks plan is right for me?—
Choose QuickBooks Self Employed if you are:using simplified expenses (rather than separating allowable from disallowable expenses)
- managing accounts on a cash basis (with income recorded when money is received rather than when invoices are sent)
- completing an SA103S/F Self Assessment
- not VAT registered
Choose QuickBooks Online if you are:
- VAT registered
- managing accounts on an accrual basis (with income recorded when invoices are sent, rather than when the payment is received)
- recording allowable and disallowable expenses (not using simplified expenses)
- we're putting the finishing touches to our QuickBooks Online Self Assessment features ready for the January deadline.