As a business owner, when you need to purchase products or services from a vendor, you create a purchase order and send it to the vendor. To create a purchase order in QuickBooks, take the following steps:
- Click the plus sign at the top of the screen and click Purchase Order.
- Choose a vendor in the Vendor drop-down list or add a new one.
- If you’re purchasing something for a customer, choose a customer in the Ship To drop-down list.
- Enter the products or services you want to purchase in the Item Detail section.
- Click Save and Close to save the purchase order.
- You can also send the purchase order to the vendor by clicking the Save and Send button.