cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skibumps90
Level 3

How do I add a sales rate in sales receipt for a customer?

I searched and only found topics relating to the sales tax and not the rate.  I used QB desktop and I create a sales recent for a customer each month but have to enter the rate each time.  I would like to set the rate up by individual customer.  My application is actually for tenants and I want to set the monthly rate so I don't have to enter it each time.

Thanks.

3 Comments 3
Rustler
Level 15

if you have different rates for different customers, set the most common rate on the rent item

then turn on and use price levels

Menu Edit>Preferences>Sales & Customers>Company tab > check mark use price levels to turn on price level lists.

You can assign the price level list to a customer on the customer record additional info tab (in 2013 and up on the payments tab)---- and/or select the price level list in the rate block of the invoice or sales receipt. One price level list can be used for as many customers as you wish, like a retail and wholesale price level list for example.

skibumps90
Level 3

Thanks for the reply.  

I can't find the Additional Info tab.  I'm using QB Pro 2013.  When I choose a customer I have a Transactions tab but can't find where to input a rent amount.  I did have the Price level checked.

Rustler
Level 15

I no longer have 2013 loaded up so I can not look for it, but it there, explore the other tabs

Need to get in touch?

Contact us