Highlighted
Community Manager
Tags (2)
16 Comments
Community Leader
Re: Help! Everything You Need to Know to Make the Most of Our QB Community

A huge welcome to all of our new members! Reach out anytime when we can help. 

Frequent Explorer *

Thank you. I am a new member and new to QB. Hope I can learn from all of you. 

Community Host

Hello@SeanSong!

Welcome to the QuickBooks Community and happy holidays!

I am really excited that you are excited! Learning is the best and a lifelong pursuit Smiley Happy.

What are you most interested in and how can we help?  

Super Contributor *

Thank you for pointing those out @ItsAccrualWorld, we appreciate it greatly!  I have archived the duplicate post.  

In the future if you notice a duplicate posting, you can click on the 3 vertical dots next to the question or comment/answer that you want to notify us of.   Then just select the option to "Report Inappropriate Content" and it will pop up a new window that lets you write in why you are calling our attention to a post.  

When you use this, all the moderators receive a Private Message notification and we can review the post and handle it appropriately.   Smiley Happy

2018-01-12_7-58-58.png2018-01-12_8-01-14.png

Super Contributor *

Can we no longer add images directly to the reply? That was really helpful. Smiley Sad

We can upload an image but it's not as helpful when you want to make it inline with your answer. And it looks we can only upload 1 image? is that right?

Community Host
Can we no longer add images directly to the reply? That was really helpful. Smiley Sad

We can upload an image but it's not as helpful when you want to make it inline with your answer. And it looks we can only upload 1 image? is that right?

@ItsAccrualWorld thanks for bringing this to our attention! Posting inline photos in our replies is very helpful functionality for all community members. I'll check on this get right back to you - hang tight. 

Community Host

Hey, @ItsAccrualWorld, this issue has been fixed. Thanks again for the heads-up!

Super Contributor *

wrote:

Hey, @ItsAccrualWorld, this issue has been fixed. Thanks again for the heads-up!

Thanks a lot for looking into it! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor *

Hello,

Was wondering if it's just me, or the number list isn't working as it should?

this is how it looks in edit view:

number list1.pngedit view

after posting:

number list2.pngactual answer

Community Host

Hey @ItsAccrualWorld - thanks again for the heads-up! I'll check with our dev team. 

You're always welcome to direct message me with these glitches so I'll be sure to get them to the right folks.

p.s. I think your username is totally awesome.

Community Host

Hello @ItsAccrualWorld,

Thank you for letting us know! Unfortunately, the feature isn't working - our dev team is aware and working on it. You can add numbers manually, but the function is having issues.

I agree, rad screen name! 

Community Contributor *

I am a bit frustrated at how difficult it is to navigate ANYTHING Intuit! I have a very old (2013) online community sign-in that does not work, a newer one from last year when I started my first client on QBO (he was a direct bill and gave me an authorization and login on his account), and I am now a certified QBO Pro Advisor with a QBOA account. How does the community relate to my QBOA account in terms of login  in? As I was not sure how to do it, I am posting as a gest user I believe. Help? 

Thanks in advance!

Anne

Community Host

Hello @AnneB,

A warm welcome to the community!

If you already have a login with QBOA and sign in through this SSO screen:

Intuit sign in.PNG

you can use that same login to sign into the QB Community! 

Currently, since you are brand new to this particular community experience, you have a "visitor" rank. But that role will quickly change as you post and participate in the community. The community has lots of ProAdvisors like yourself who participate in discussions that rank up quickly to senior members Smiley Happy.

Feel free to add a link to your ProAdvisor page and use your profile page to share a little about yourself so folks know you're a QuickBooks expert ( here's are the steps for how to edit your profile).

Please reach out to us if you have any other specific questions! 

Community Contributor *
Re: QB Community "Rules of the Road": Welcome Video, Discussion Guidelines and More

I just wanted to give an introduction and say hello to the Community leaders.  I have read over the guidelines and read over each of your bio's and I am impressed with the team that you have pulled together to help those of us starting new businesses.  

I recently completed my Certified Pro Advisor status and I am working to build my sole proprietorship CPA firm, Lindy Kinney, CPA, which I am basically starting at ground zero.  I am having a logo and website developed as we speak.   I have been doing other consulting work up to this point, which has not need the services of QuickBooks or the ProConnect services.  However,  I am working in a bedroom community that has about 10-15K new homes being established with only 2 brick and mortar CPA firms and 2 tax processors H&R Block and Liberty Tax.  Therefore, I know there is a tremendous opportunity if I can set up my practice quickly and be ready for the 2018-2019 tax filing season.  I am also going to work on Marketing to bring in the bookkeeping and accounting clients to utilize the QuickBooks Online, which is where I could use the help of the Community of how to source and find the leads to build these clients outside of Networking, cold calls, social media,  SBA, etc.

I look forward to interacting and possibly talking with each of you if the opportunity exists.

Thanks again for your services and efforts to create a community that exists to help entrepreneurial-minded business owners like me build their dream of being independent and working as creatively for themselves, even if the hours seem longer, the commitment is worth it. 

Tags (2)
Community Host
Re: QB Community "Rules of the Road": Welcome Video, Discussion Guidelines and More

Hey @lk02092018 - a very warm welcome to QB Community, and congrats on your recent ProAdvisor certification! Great to have you here!