cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
BobbySingler
Level 3

Android or iOs?

What is better for application development?

4 Comments 4
Rustler
Level 15

Android or iOs?

Better? I do not know

But I know if was going to devorte time, material and resources to a project, market share of the operating system would be paramont in my decision making.  Last I saw, android has over 80% of the market share

jessbru99568
Level 7

Android or iOs?

I don't know either

If you are asking for developing an app, would be most ideal to make it work with both. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android or iOs?

Hey @BobbySingler, that's a fun question and an age-old debate (ok, maybe more like decade old) among devs! There are pros and cons to developing for each. 

• Unlike iOs, which is a singular platform, Android has several versions operating in the wild. This means you have to develop your app for several programs at once instead of one if you want total market access. This is often why apps come out on iOs first - you're only developing for one system. Then again, you have access to a broader range of products with Android since you're not limited to Apple products. 

• From what I hear (and this might be a matter of opinion more than hard fact), Android is easier to code for and isn't quite as complicated as iOs (Java vs Objective-C). Then again, and this analogy will get folks on two sides of a battle line (><), quality might be in the eye of the beholder - which is better, Canon or Nikon?

• Seven years ago, the overwhelming majority of people were on iOs, which meant everyone threw their resources at developing for Iphone/Ipad. That is no longer the case as Android now has a huge share of the market. So looking forward, if you want what you build today to have a lasting impact tomorrow, look at the economic factors surrounding tech development. 

What's your experience been so far, @BobbySingler? Do you have a favorite programming language?

ShermanBrigs
Level 3

Android or iOs?

There are some factors you will need to consider as you decide whether to develop on the Android or iOS platform. They are: demographics, devices, development time, development tools, cost and revenue, publising. Here is good article for you https://steelkiwi.com/blog/how-to-choose-the-right-platform-for-mobile-app-development/ I think it will help you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us