cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnbaxtercox
Level 1

I need to print W-2 forms for 2018. My business is closed. I am not able to proceed because Quickbooks says payroll for 2019 is not set up yet. Please help.

1 Comment 1
KhimG
QuickBooks Team

I need to print W-2 forms for 2018. My business is closed. I am not able to proceed because Quickbooks says payroll for 2019 is not set up yet. Please help.

Thanks for dropping by, @johnbaxtercox.

I’m here to share some information about printing W-2s.

You will need an active payroll subscription in order to print forms in QuickBooks. However, you can still log in and pull up reports in your QBO account to get the information needed for your W-2. 

Run and print the Tax & Wage Summary Report and use it as a reference in filing forms. Here’s how:
1.    Go to Reports from the left menu.
2.    Enter Tax and Wage Summary in the search field.
3.    Adjust the date range or the report options to customize results.
4.    Run the report
5.    Click the Printer-Friendly Version at the top of the report.
6.    Hit Print and then click OK.

For more information, take a look at this article: Print Payroll Reports.

Once done, you can create a fill-in version of Form W-2 for SSA. Check out this link for more details: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions.

If you want to reactivate payroll in the future, you can subscribe by following the steps below: 
1.    Click the Gear icon on the top menu. 
2.    Choose Account and Settings and Billing & Subscription.
3.    In the Payroll section, select Resubscribed.

Here’s an article for your reference: Reactivate account for year-end filing.

That should do it. Please let me know if you need further assistance in accessing payroll reports in QuickBooks. I’ll be here to help you out. Have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us