cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjterrell
Level 1

Web connector file - error convert guid

We get an error "QBWC1039 Error when converting the GUID for OWNER ID.  As you can see below the GUID appear to be a properly formatted GUID.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

We have a web connector file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<QBWCXML>
<AppName>ProEdge Build 2.0</AppName>
<AppID>1.0</AppID>
<AppURL>https://pebqbd.proedgesoftware.com/service.cfm</AppURL>
<AppDescription>ProEdgeBuild Synchronization Tool</AppDescription>
<AppSupport>https://pebqbd.proedgesoftware.com/support.cfm</AppSupport>
<UserName>qbuser</UserName>
<OwnerID>{28E75261-C286-C196-5D0F2517D93FBBC8}</OwnerID>
<FileID>{28E75262-9BEF-ED2F-4EC14918E733D975}</FileID>
<QBType>QBFS</QBType>
<Style>Document</Style>
</QBWCXML>

get the following error:

20190110.15:46:33 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.findFileIDinQB() : Status message: There was an error when converting the GUID value "{28E75261-C286-C196-5D0F2517D93FBB68}" in the field "OwnerID".
20190110.15:46:33 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.AddToQuickBooks() : QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check QWCLog.txt for details.
<Unable to access QuickBooks, QuickBooks must be open the first time an application is added to the web connector>
at QBWebConnector.WebService.AddToQuickBooks()
20190110.15:48:27 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.DisconnectFromQB() : Session ended and connection closed

3 Comments 3
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @sjterrell.

Thank you for posting here in the Community. I'm here to provide information about the error prompt you've received.

Error QBWC1039 is mostly caused by the following:

• The relocation of the company file.
  • The incorrect removal of the third-party application or Warehouse Manager from the QuickBooks WebConnector.

If you happen to move the company file, putting it back to the original location will usually fix the error. However, if the third-party or Warehouse Manager was removed, you can reinstall the .qwc file to the WebConnector.

Here's the step-by-step instructions:

1. Download the QBWC CP3Tool by clicking this link: https://intuitcorp.quickbase.com/up/bd9yykidd/g/rhq/eg/va/QBWC_CP3Tool.exe.
  2. Run the QBWC_CP3Tool.exe file.
  3. Select Launch the QBWC CP3Tool after completing the installation, then minimize the tool.
  4. Download the .qwc file for your application. Please contact your third-party vendor if you're unsure how to get the file.
  5. Choose the appropriate company file by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
  6. Create a backup of your company file.
  7. From the Taskbar, select the QBWC CP3Tool to maximize it.
  8. Choose Select File and locate the .qwc file.
  9. Select Remove Stamp.
  10. Click Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open then Continue when the Application Certificate appears.
  11. Select Yes in the Application Access Request window.
  12. Click Done.
  13. Select OK when prompted to create a backup.
  14. After seeing the confirmation message, close the QBWC CP3Tool.
  15. Install the .qwc file.
  • Open WebConnector and select Add Application
  • Open the .qwc file.
  • Select Yes after entering your third-party password.

Once completed, restart your computer to ensure that all the QuickBooks components are successfully updated.

Also, you may check these articles for additional reference:

If the issue persists, I'd suggest contacting our Technical Support Team to check this further for you.

For the support's contact information:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Feel free to add a comment below if you have any other questions, we're always here to help. Have a great day ahead!

sjterrell
Level 1

Thanks - however, the company file was never moved, and I add any number of other applications without any issues.  The issue here is the QWC file is being generated dynamically, and the log fils indicates that it cannot convert the GUID for Owner ID.  The GUID meets the standard.

Any thoughts on how to produce a QWC file where we can dynamically set the GUID.

Rose-A

Hi, sjterrell.

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know you tried out the steps that my peer Angelyn_T previously sent. I'd be glad to help point you in the right direction.

Since Community is a peer-to-peer forum, I won't be able to check your account without asking for sensitive information. For security purposes, it would be best to contact our Customer Care Team to ensure that you'll be able to move your company and convert the GUID. Agents have the necessary tools, like screen-sharing to get you back up and running.

You can get our most-up-to-date contact number here:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

I'd be glad to provide further assistance should you have any questions. Wishing you and your business continued success.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us