Did you mean: 
gregmccarthyesq
Level 1

I am new to quickbooks online

3 Comments 3
IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Delighted to see you here, @gregmccarthyesq.

Congratulations on becoming a part of the growing QuickBooks Online family! Whether you need to track income and expenses, send invoices, run payroll and pay and file your taxes, you can count on QuickBooks to get the job done for you.

There are a variety of features included with your QuickBooks Online subscription, so we recommend checking out these articles for tips on how to unlock the program’s full potential: QuickBooks Online Help Articles.

You may also check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/.

Always feel free to post or click the Reply button if you have questions about navigating around QuickBooks. I’m here to help.

Diana10
Level 1

Hi, I want to enter 2018 expenses into Quickbooks.  They are on a spreadsheet right now.  If I paid someone, should they be entered into Quickbooks as a vendor?  Thank you

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Diana10.

I'd be glad to help guide you enter/record expenses in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

If your vendor issued you a bill for an expense transaction, then, yes, you need to create/record an expense transaction to your vendor. For bills to be paid in the later time, you  may create a bill and record a bill payment when you'll be paying the bill. On the other hand, for your expenses to be paid immediately or that have already been paid, you can use a Check or an Expense depending on how you made the payment.

To create a bill:

1. Go to the Plus (+) icon.
  2. Select Bill.
  3. Fill in the necessary information.
  4. Click Save and close.

To pay the bill/s, you can enter bill payments: How to enter and pay bills.

You can see attached video for the detailed reference: 

In addition, you may also check this article: What is the difference between bills, checks, and expenses?.

Please don't hesitate to drop a comment below if you have any other question about recording expenses in QBO. I'm just a post away to help you!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us