cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesCrozier
Level 3

Importing Custom Invoice Templates into QuickBooks Online

I have been in contact numerous times. They couldn't figure out why it is happening and they would pass it on to engineers or whatever. That was over 3 months ago and still havent heard back about it.

mleblanc
Level 2

My issue with custom invoices not pulling in is also still not resolved after several months. I have contacted customer service several times. Sometimes my invoice shows all scrambled up. Sometimes it will only show me the Standard template invoice. QB is such a huge platform, how can this issue not be resolved yet; I don't understand. Either it needs to be resolved or your templates need to be improved with more possibilities to make an invoice look better and customizable. 

vpcontroller
Level 11

I agree with some of the comments here. Status is it's not resolved regardless of what they say.

They started out Import Style at QuickBooks Labs with three style forms:

1) Invoice

2) Estimate

3) Sales Receipt

They don't even talk about import Sales Receipt anymore. For many users, the Sales Receipt import style is as important as Invoice to others. Guess, they could not fix it and just dropped it. They should do the same with import Estimate style if it's no longer fixable. Or better just remove the entire import style feature from the QuickBooks Labs if they can't productize the feature in 4 years or so. At least, that will stop wasting our valuable time on this.

Wright
Level 3

This thread will save me starting another one.

I am so annoyed with QB import of invoices.

I have 2 companies and they both use templates.  JWL is fine no problems. yest S4 is a pain.

They worked for months no problems.  I have contacted support many times and only last friday on the phone for over 1.5 hours. fixed it till today and then the same problem again.

They import fine and when you preview them they are working.  But as soon as you go to use it for an invoice to a customer.  Well the QB standard invoice is used.

I am so fed up with this, and no one seems to give a crap.

A paid services with faults is not worth paying for.

Needs fixing and fast.

Why they cant use Excel as a template then it would solve some problems as it would link to cells.

JamesCrozier
Level 3

You aren't the only one annoyed with QBO. I have been in touch with QBO tech support numerous times as well and proved to solve nothing. If I didn't use other project management software that integrates with QBO I would leave QBO in a second. They really don't care about the customer

@Wright wrote:

This thread will save me starting another one.

I am so annoyed with QB import of invoices.

I have 2 companies and they both use templates.  JWL is fine no problems. yest S4 is a pain.

They worked for months no problems.  I have contacted support many times and only last friday on the phone for over 1.5 hours. fixed it till today and then the same problem again.

They import fine and when you preview them they are working.  But as soon as you go to use it for an invoice to a customer.  Well the QB standard invoice is used.

I am so fed up with this, and no one seems to give a crap.

A paid services with faults is not worth paying for.

Needs fixing and fast.

Why they cant use Excel as a template then it would solve some problems as it would link to cells.

RaymondJayO

Hello there, @mleblanc, @vpcontroller, @Wright and @JamesCrozier

I appreciate you performing the suggested steps above to help fix your concern.

Since you're still experiencing the same issue, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Online Support Team. They have the necessary tools to double-check your accounts and can reopen the investigation depending on the reports they received.

I'll also take note all of your comments to ensure these will be taken care of. Rest assured, I'll let you know as soon as I receive any updates. 

You can count me in if there's anything else you need. 

JamesCrozier
Level 3

If it has been resolved then why doesn't it work and people are still complaining that it isn't working. I have been on with online support numerous times with no help at all.

RaymondJayO

Hi there, @JamesCrozier,

I see that your past interactions with our online support team were uneasy, but I want you to know I will work with you to find a resolution. 

Can I ask for a screenshot of your sample file when trying to import your own style of estimate and invoice templates? Any details you can share will be much appreciated. This way, I can check that here on my end to see if there are overlapping tables and incorrect mapping of the fields on the file. 

You can use tables with simple rows and columns and go through this helpful article: Import Custom Form Style for Invoices or Estimates. This article also will help you get answers to questions about importing custom form styles.

I'll do what I can to make sure this gets resolved, @JamesCrozier

Fill me in if you have any other questions. 

Wright
Level 3

Hi

I created yet another new template yesterday.  I used the sample pro as a guide.

It uploaded fine, worked on 1 invoice and today didnt work.

As you can see by the picture, uploaded fine (even today shows it can be previewed).  So it worked on an invoice yesterday.  And today didnt work.

So how is it fixed.

SophiaAnnL

We already have an escalation regarding this issue, Wright.

With the help of our product engineers, we're gathering more information to rule out the issue with the custom templates. In the meantime, you can give us a call. This way, we can add your company details to our notification list.

Once we roll out a permanent fix, you'll receive an email about it. To get our contact number, click the Help icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Dashboard. From there, click the Contact Us button and enter your concern in the description box.

Don't hesitate to get back to me if you need more help.

JamesCrozier
Level 3

Wow, it goes from the issue being resolved which it clearly isn't to now there is escalation of this issue. I have been in contact with 2 people from Quickbooks and the one said they will escalate the issue and that was about 3 months ago.

Wright
Level 3

Ive just gone to create an invoice with the other company, and now thats broken.

Joke.

Wright
Level 3

Ive found a problem.

If I create an invoice on its own it works.

But if I create an invoice from a estimate it doesnt work.

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @JamesCrozier and @Wright.

Allow me to step into this conversation and provide an update about this invoice template concern.

At this time, our engineers are still investigating to verify the main cause of the issue, so they can apply a permanent fix. We currently don't have the workaround, and we aren't able to tell when this will be mediated upon. Rest assured that I will do my part and notify you through this thread whenever I receive updates about this concern so you can get back to business.

You can also visit our QuickBooks Online Blog to be updated about our latest news, features, and updates about QuickBooks Online and what our Product Care Team is working on.

The Community always has your back and I am here to help you anytime. Have a good one!

Wajdy
Level 3

Hello again,

I will try share my experience on templates so for:

- Importing Template is working for me and can be enhanced IMHO by implementing features like Built-in fonts.

- What is not working is using templates to INVOICE from ESTIMATE. Never worked for me

- There are workarounds :
1- Use Android App to convert estimate to invoice, then use template (100% working) 

2- Copy converted invoice, and try to print using template (100% working with fix in Invoice #)

Anything suggesting Incognito Mode, Deleting Cache, Cookies, Using XYZ Browser...
is waste of time!

Thanks

Wajdy

mleblanc
Level 2

Hi @Wajdy - you are correct, it works the same for me.

I can copy the invoice and it will show correct. It will not show correct on the original. My problem is that now the copied invoice is not linked to the estimate. A work around is fine but we can all agree that this problem needs to be fixed asap. I don't want to loose that link, so currently I am typing up Word Invoices manually and sending them as pdf attachments as I never used the "send invoice" feature anyway. It's just a lot of extra work and it is more sensitive to mistakes. 

Quickbooks team, I have escalated this issue 2 times in the past over the phone, and never received follow-ups. Please let us know that this is a priority and getting worked on 24/7! 

vpcontroller
Level 11

@BettyJaneB wrote:

Hello, @JamesCrozier and @Wright.

Allow me to step into this conversation and provide an update about this invoice template concern.

At this time, our engineers are still investigating to verify the main cause of the issue, so they can apply a permanent fix. We currently don't have the workaround, and we aren't able to tell when this will be mediated upon. Rest assured that I will do my part and notify you through this thread whenever I receive updates about this concern so you can get back to business.

You can also visit our QuickBooks Online Blog to be updated about our latest news, features, and updates about QuickBooks Online and what our Product Care Team is working on.

The Community always has your back and I am here to help you anytime. Have a good one!

This thread started on 4/19/2018. It took over one year just to acknowledge there is a BUG which needs a permanent fix. Some of us knew all along, this never worked properly for a long time. Probably they knew as well (they kept in the QB Labs) but never fixed it. Folks, it's bad. Then again, once they fix this, they may include it as one of the reasons why they had to raise the QBO PRICE again, who knows?

pichi1010
Level 2

Hi,

I have been importing templates for several customers. But I got the following problem:

The template works well in the most invoices, except in the ones that I did create for an Estimate, it gave me a wrong template. How can I solve that?

JaneD

Hi there, pichi1010.

I was able to confirm that the estimate template issue is still under investigation in QuickBooks Online (QBO). Let me provide further explanation.

Please know that our engineers treated this issue with the utmost urgency to implement a fix. So you're able to receive updates on this, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Support Team. When you do, provide this investigation number: INV-28978.

Here's how to reach us:

1. Sign in to your QBO account and click on Help.
  2. Click on the Contact us link.
  3. Enter your concern and click on Let's talk.
  4. Choose either Start messaging or Get a callback.

From there, one of our agents will add you to the list of affected users. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding. Let me know if you need anything else. I'll be around.

JamesCrozier
Level 3

@JaneD wrote:

Hi there, pichi1010.

I was able to confirm that the estimate template issue is still under investigation in QuickBooks Online (QBO). Let me provide further explanation.

Please know that our engineers treated this issue with the utmost urgency to implement a fix. So you're able to receive updates on this, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Support Team. When you do please provide this investigation number: INV-28978.

Here's how to reach us:

1. Sign in to your QBO account and click on Help.
  2. Click on the Contact us link.
  3. Enter your concern and click on Let's talk.
  4. Choose either Start messaging or Get a callback.

From there, one of our agents will add you to the list of affected users. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding. Let me know if you need anything else. I'll be around.

Doesn't do any good. Have done that a few times and never a response

JaneD

Good day, JamesCrozier.

This issue is still ongoing and our engineers are continuously working to have a permanent fix.

As soon as resolution has been released for this, our Support Team will update you through email. In this case, I suggest creating the invoice separately from the estimate. 

Please know that we're actively working towards resolving this as soon as possible. You've got me if you have any other concerns. I'm always glad to help.

alistairparker
Level 1

I just converted to QBO from using the desktop version for over 15 years. The first thing I did when exploring the online version is to try and import my estimate and invoice templates. This might be a deal breaker for me as your "design" options are terrible! There's no way to delete fields or add custom fields, etc. Why isn't the template platform the same as the desktop version??? Why reinvent the wheel with a far inferior platform?

Not impressed, Quickbooks. 

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @alistairparker.

Thanks for joining this thread and voicing out your feedback. I'm here to divert your impression with QBO's import feature for estimate and invoice templates.

I can share some insights on how to utilize the import option.

We offer a lot of options for the imported templates in QBO. Just make sure to follow the guidelines and map them precisely. I advise downloading the QuickBooks Online EZ Map Fields Catalogue for the guide. To delete(remove) or add custom fields, make sure those headers are set up correctly. 

Another option aside from importing your preferred transaction template is customizing them within QBO. For the steps on how, you can refer to the How to customise invoices, estimates, and sales receipts article.

I want you to know that your voice matters. I'll be sending a product suggestion on your behalf based on this interaction.

That should do it. Let me know the results after trying my recommendation above. I'm still here to help you more.

Wright
Level 3

Hi So still no fix to custom invoices from Estimates. This is becoming a joke now, and been going on for months.
Wajdy
Level 3

Kind Reminder : that an important function is not available.

I have a new employee and I don't want to teach him workarounds !

Please fix it! Dont push us to leave for competition.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us