View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
qbteachmt
Level 15

Reply to message

@JessT 

Please learn from this input.

@Lori8 

Debit card is Bill Pay by Write Check. Not Credit Card.

If you already put something on the debit card, you don't use Bills at all. Use Banking menu > Write Check, put "debit" for the check #. There is no Bill to pay later; you already Paid for it.

If you put it on the credit card, don't use Bills at all. Use Banking menu > Enter Credit Card Charge. There is no Bill to pay later; you already Paid for it.

If you used Write Check and put the details here, you should not Also have used a Bill. If you used a bill, and later are ready to pay By Check, you use Pay Bills. Do not use Write Check and enter the details here; the same details as on the bill = you just entered the details Twice, never the right thing to do. And now you Orphaned the Bills.

Bill = I need to enter something I owe, am not paying until later, and that accrual date matters to my bookkeeping. For a Cash Basis entity, for example, if I set the electrical bill to be Auto-pay, I see the bill and they show the date they will take it from Checking, so I enter Write Check for that Date they will take it from checking. There is no Bill I need to be entering and there is no Bill I need to pay, later. They will do it directly from Checking.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us