Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
dankidwell
Level 2

Keep getting the Error "QuickBooks can not open this company file because it was created with an incompatible version."

I have Quickbook 2016 for Mac that was running just fine until Xmas 2018. On the 28th of December I bought a new MacBook and Installed my QuickBooks in January, I got all the registration info in, updated it and then tried to open my company file only to be told "QuickBooks can not open this company file because it was created with an incompatible version.". I did some research and I see that the current version was supposed to have been R20 but there was an issue so they pulled it. On another similar post regarding this topic it says solved and there was a link to directly download the file to install R20 but it is no longer available. My version says is is "V17.0.4 R5 01/04/19. I can't open my company file and have not been able to find any help in being able to do this. I needed it opened so bad I downloaded Quickbooks for Mac 2019 and created a copy of my file and opened it with Quickbooks 2019 so I could get to my customers Invoices etc as you get 15 uses for free before it requires registration. I would like though to really be able to use my QuickBooks 2016 and would like to know has anyone else found a way to get around this issue?

when I tell my QuickBooks to update I get the following message "

QuickBooks 17.0.4.590 R5.2 is currently the newest version available."

I am at a loss of what to do, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Solved

Need to get in touch?

Contact us