Thank you for joining us here in the Community, @cablenet. Let me help you transfer your backup files from QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) to your QuickBooks Online (QBO).
Before you can transfer the files, you need to restore them. Follow the steps below to restore backup files and transfer them to QBO.
- Open the QBDT file on your computer (restore the backup file to your QBDT account).
- Select Open or Restore Company from the File menu.
- Then click Next after selecting Restore a backup copy.
- Choose Local Backup and then Next.
- Look for your backup business file on your PC. It should look like this: [Your company name]. qbb.
- Select a location for your restored company file by selecting a folder. Then, choose Open.
- Select Save when you're finished. When you see any messages about possibly overwriting your data, select the option that best fits your needs. When in doubt to overwrite something, don't.
- Go back to the File menu.
- Tap on Utilities, then select Copy Company File for QuickBooks Online.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
You can also look at this article for further information.: Move your QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online.
Moreover, here's how you can find out what data doesn't convert when you migrate from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
If you have any other questions about uploading your file to QBO, let me know by adding a comment below. It's my pleasure to help.