There's a way to fix this, dee34.
I'll be happy to share information in addition to smallbiznumbers's answer.
Just a bit of information, QuickBooks tries to treat your transaction the best way they can be. It uses bank descriptions and remembers how you treat your transactions, so the next time it downloads similar entries you'll have fewer things to do.
In this case, you can create bank rule that all transactions will the text "stripe transfers" will be treated as Money Ins.
- Go to Banking and select Rules.
- Click New Rule and name it as Stripe Transfers.
- Select Money in and your Stripe account or the account where the transfers are coming from.
- In the conditions part, you can choose Bank text, Contains, Stripe or Stripe transfers depending on what shows on the description or the Bank text field.
- Choose a Transaction type, category.
- Click Save without enabling Auto-confirm, so you can still review your entries before adding them to your register.
If you'd like to see video tutorials about Banking, just visit the Video Tutorial page in the Community and select Banking.
Let me know if you have other questions in mind.