Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
Hi there, westsidetan.
You've got a great question. I'd be glad to show you how to create a termination check in QuickBooks Online.
One option that users have used as severance pay is to create an other earnings pay type. Here's how:
1. Click the Workers tab in the left navigation bar.
2. Make sure Employees is selected at the top of the page.
3. Choose the employee who will be receiving this check.
4. Scroll and select the small pencil icon in section number 4.
5. Click Even more ways to pay...
6. Choose Other Earnings.
7. Select Add other earnings type.
8. Enter Severance or Termination Check in the field.
9. Click Done when you're finished.
Once these steps are completed, the newly created pay type field will appear for the employee's name when you're ready to run payroll. The following article provides even more details about this process: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/create-final-employee-paychecks/00....
I'm only a comment or post away if you have any other questions. Take care!