Let me provide you with the information about processing direct deposit (DD) paychecks in QuickBooks, Boatesmba2.
I appreciate you for making corrections to the employee's social security number. The direct deposit scheduled to offload is exactly 5 PM Pacific Time two days before the paycheck date. If you need to make any changes to the direct deposit paycheck, we'll need to void the payment you already sent before the offload schedule.
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop, follow the steps below to void a direct deposit paycheck:
- Click the Employees on the top menu.
- Select Edit/Void Paychecks.
- Change both Show paycheck dates from/through dates to the date of the check.
- Select the paycheck you want to void. Then, click Void.
- In the pop-up box, enter Yes and hit Void.
- Select the checkbox saying you agree to the terms and conditions of voiding the paychecks.
- Repeat the previous steps to include all checks that need to be voided.
- Once the check has been voided, close the Edit/Void Paycheck window.
- Click Employees at the top menu bar, and select Send payroll Data. Then press Send.
For additional reference, you can check this article on how to cancel or stop a Direct Deposit paycheck. To check also the DD status if it is already offloaded, I'd suggest contacting our Payroll Support Team. They also have the tools to trace the direct deposit and will advise you if there's a need to create a paper check.
Feel free to browse this link here if you need help with other tasks in QuickBooks Payroll. It'll route you to our general payroll topics with articles.
Keep in touch if you need any more assistance with this, or there's something else I can do for you. I've got your back. You have a good one.