Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1


How do I move the amount in box 12b to box 14 on an unfiled W2 - but the year has ended.

1 Comment 1
QuickBooks Team


Hello there, karen.


Let me direct you to the best support group available to get this issue sorted out securely.


In your case, the past paycheck needs to be corrected, and the deduction items need to be set up properly. Also, since the year has already ended, you're unable to edit, delete, or recreate it. That said, I suggest getting in touch with our QuickBooks Payroll Support Team so they can help you pull up your account in a secure space to help you with the corrections and move the amount from box 12b to box 14 on an unfiled W2.


Here's how:


  1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Go to Help.
  3. Choose Contact Us.
  4. Type in your concern, then click on Let's Talk.
  5. Select a way to connect with us:


  • Start a chat with a support expert.
  • Get a callback from the next available expert.


Please check out this article for QuickBooks support hours: Contact Payroll Support in QuickBooks Online.


I've also added this article for future guides in managing payroll forms in QuickBooks:



Tag me in this thread if you have other concerns about your payroll forms. I'll be happy to assist you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us