Can’t link bank. Error (103) that didn’t work. Try signing in again. Need help
There are a few things we can do to get around error code 103. This is a banking error that means your banking credentials in QuickBooks Online aren't correct. The steps below can resolve that for you:
Existing Connections (Error 103)
- If you recently changed your bank sign-in info and you had an existing connection, these steps will help:
1. Choose Banking, then Banking again.
2. Find the card that created the error 103.
3. Select Edit.
4. Choose Edit sign-in info.
5. Enter your new credentials and select Update.
New Connections (Error 103)
- Should this be the first time you're connecting your bank account, make sure to select the correct bank and input the information correctly.
1. Choose Banking, then Banking.
2. Click Add Account.
3. Enter your banks URL into the search field.
4. Select your bank. Again make sure it is the correct one.
5. On your bank's website entering your sign-in information, then select Continue.
- Some banks require you to turn on the connection to Third-party apps, such as QuickBooks Online. Should this be the case, you'll need to reach out to your bank to turn on those permissions as every bank has a different process.
If at any point you need more assistance setting up your account. You can respond here. I'm just a click away. Hope you're having a wonderful wednesday!
I did do some research and discovered that there's an ongoing investigation as of 4/17/2020. If you've already tried the workarounds provided by my colleague @Nick_M, I recommend getting in touch with a live specialist. They'll be able to pull up your account in a secure environment and determine why this error message is occurring.
Below are the instructions for requesting a callback in QuickBooks Online:
Sign in to your account.
Select the Help (?) option, then choose Contact Us.
Enter the description of your issue and go to Let's talk.
Click on Get a callback.
Key in your contact information and then Confirm my call.