We've been using Enterprise Solutions 16.0 for 3 years. Since we started the users with almost full access have problems with searching the list in customer file. The only solution I've found is the delete the user and create a new name and password for them. Has anyone found a solution for this problem????
Hello there, @nancyl.
You can use the Find option in locating transactions and other information in your customer's file. Let me guide you on how to do it.
If you're still unable to locate any information for your customers' list, you'd want to run the verify and rebuild data tool. It self-detect and automatically resolves possible data damage to your company file.
Let me show you how to verify your data:
Once done, here's how you can rebuild your company file:
You can read through this article to learn more about the Verify and Rebuild tool: Resolve Data Damage on your Company File.
If the same thing happens, you'll need to re-sort your customer's list by following the steps in this article: Re-sort lists.
Know that I'm just a post away if you have additional questions about the customer's list. Have a good one.
I appreciate you for getting back to us, @nancyl.
You can resort to your customers' list to get it back to the original or its default order in QuickBooks. Also, I've checked that the QuickBooks version that my colleague used isn't QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 16.0. I'll show you how:
Here's an article for more detailed steps and information: Re-sort Lists.
However, if the issue persists, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Support Team. They can further investigate this matter and can create a ticket number.
You can also run the repair tool. This tool can help fix any possible data damage and refresh the QuickBooks program: Repair your QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other questions related in QuickBooks. I'll be around to help. Have a good one.
I'll try your suggestions. This has been ongoing to 3 years. It's very frustrating when you wait for 2 to 3 minutes just to get into the customer file. I have run the diagnostic tool and this just keeps happening. This only happens to the users who have full access but I do filter it down to just what they need.