Great to see you here @TreaseaLong. Yes, you can create a different wage item to have it reflected as billable.
Tracking Overtime hours in QBDT is currently unavailable. You'll have to manually input OT hours as a wage item for employees.
To set up an OT wage item in QBDT, follow these steps:
- Go to the Lists menu, then select Payroll Item List.
- Click Payroll Item, then hit New.
- Select Custom Setup, then select Next.
- Click Wage, then press Next, then choose Hourly Wage.
- Pick the appropriate payment type. Enter a name for the pay item, then press Next.
- Choose the Expense account where you want to track wages.
- Click Finish.
You can follow the steps below to add this payroll item automatically to paychecks:
- Go to the Employees menu, then select Employee Center.
- Double-click on the employee's name.
- Tap the Payroll Info tab.
- Click on the blank area, in the Earnings box, below the Item Name column.
- From the drop-down menu, select your Hourly item.
- In the Hourly/Annual Rate column, enter the employee's hourly rate.
- Select OK to save the changes.
I've got this article for additional information on this process: Set up an hourly wage payroll item.
Additionally, with QuickBooks Desktop's job costing tools, you'll be able to see how much money you spend and make for each job. To accurately record your job cost, you can refer to this article for the complete details: Tracking job costs in QuickBooks Desktop.
If you have QuickBooks Time, you have the option to set up overtime tracking. Refer to this article for additional options: Configure and change advanced overtime settings in QuickBooks Time.
Let me know in the comments below if you have other questions about overtime pay in QBDT. Take care always.