Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2




I am doing some cleanup work from a previous bookkeeper and have found that an expense was categorized as an asset in previous years.  I am not looking to file tax amendments, I just want to fix the books.  Can someone assist?  I want to get these out of "fixed assets".


1 Comment 1
QuickBooks Team


Hi there, jeanne05201.


I'll be glad to help you categorize your transactions correctly. 


You won’t need to create any new types of accounts.


To edit categories in QuickBooks:

  1. Go to Charts of account, then find the account you want to edit.
  2. Click the drop-down menu next to the words Account History.
  3. Choose Edit to make your changes.

See this reference to learn about the chart of accounts in QuickBooks.


If you need more help with your accounting concern, don't hesitate to comment. Have a great day! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us
Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up