Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
Hi there, cmaull.
To create a purchase order, you'll need to turn on this feature first by going to Account and Settings. Please note that this in only available for QuickBooks Online Plus.
1. Click the Gear icon and choose Account and Settings.
2. Select Expenses tab.
3. Click the pencil icon from the Purchase orders section.
4. Checkmark the Use purchase orders box.
5. Fill in the other necessary fields.
6. Hit the Save button. Then, Done.
Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other concerns. Wishing you and your business continued success.