Thanks for following up with the Community, alippiatt@bioinf.
You can have QuickBooks automatically number invoices while importing from a CSV spreadsheet by having custom transaction numbers turned off.
Here's how to make sure it isn't active:
- Use your Gear (⚙️) icon, then go to Account and settings.
- Access your Sales tab and find the Sales form content section.
- Hit its Pencil (✏️) icon.
- Make sure Custom transaction numbers is turned off.
- If any changes were made, select Save, then Done.
If you choose to continue entering invoice numbers manually in your spreadsheet, you'll need to make sure all of the required information is present.
In regard to the error message you're receiving when trying to import your CSV file, since it's saying that there's an invoice number missing in one of its rows, I'd recommend reviewing your spreadsheet to identify where the missing number is. Once you've found it, you'll need to enter the missing data to have your import complete without displaying any errors.
If you review the file and identify that it's not missing any invoice numbers in any of its rows, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team . They'll be able to pull up the account in a secure environment, conduct further research, and create an investigation ticket if necessary.
They can be reached while you're signed in.
- Use the Help (?) icon.
- Click Contact Us.
- Enter a description of your situation in the What can we help you with? field, then hit Let's talk.
- Select Start messaging or Get a call.
Be sure to review their support hours so you'll know when agents are available.
Please feel welcome to send a reply if there's any additional questions. Have a great day!