Created with Sketch.Learn about PPP and Loan Forgiveness, stay informed with the latest changes.
Created with Sketch.Need help with 1099's or other Year End topics? Visit our Year End Resources page.
Created with Sketch.New to QuickBooks or using a new product? Visit our Get Started resource page to help you get going.
Created with Sketch.Need to make changes to your account? Visit the Account Manager Portal.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

I marked an invoice paid and need to send a late notice how do I undue the paid transaction?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

I marked an invoice paid and need to send a late notice how do I undue the paid transaction?

Welcome to the Community, @rhollister57.

I can assist you in removing the payment on the invoice and sending a late notice to your customer.

You can unlink the payment by following the steps below: 
1.    Open the invoice.
2.    Click the Payment link on the upper right corner of the invoice.
3.    Then, click the Date to open the payment transaction.
4.    Scroll down to the bottom and choose More and then Delete.
5.    Hit Yes when prompted.




Once it’s removed from the invoice, you’ll now ready to send a late notice to your customer. Here’s how: 
1.    Click Sales on the left pane.
2.    At the top, choose the Invoices tab.
3.    Find the invoice section then put a check mark on the box.
4.    Under the ACTIONS column, click the drop-down then select Send reminder



You can tell if your customers received the notice by going to Sales on the left pane and selecting All Sales. The invoice will show Overdue (Reminded) under the STATUS column.

Here’s an article shared by @Anonymous to know more about sending payment notice in QBO:

This should get you pointed in the right direction. Should you need anything else, don’t hesitate to let me know. I’ll be here to help. Enjoy your day!

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us