Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Incorrectly paid myself a salary instead of owner’s draw!

Owner of LLC single member. Started July of 2019 and have two other employees. Didn’t know I was not supposed to take a salary. I now know why and need to correct to file taxes. I know this is not a little mistake but need to rectify! How do I correct this in qb plus online? How do I fix payroll taxes paid? Do I reimburse myself taxes taken? Would it be easier to file form 8832?  Already filed a W-2 thru business, but have not filed personally! Any advice would be great. 

1 Comment 1
QuickBooks Team

Incorrectly paid myself a salary instead of owner’s draw!

Hi there, Conek89.


If you've been recording paychecks since July 2019, please contact our Customer Care Support. We will submit your payroll information for correction, so you can amend the forms that were submitted electronically in QuickBooks.


Here’s how you can reach out to us:

  1. Click the Help icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
  2. In the Help window, click the Contact Us button located at the bottom.
  3. Enter your question and click Let's talk.
  4. Select Start messaging or Get a callback.


I'm also adding this article for reference: Correct or amend W-2 forms.


Reach out to us if there's anything else you need. Thanks.

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us