Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
I had a fishy situation happen with my ERP program and how it handled a deposit. This resulted in 3 journal entries needing to be matched with 2 deposits.
How do I do this? Thank you!!
Go to Solution.
Thanks for posting in the Community, StefLM.
I can guide you in handling those transactions.
You have the option to match a journal entry. The system allows you to match a single bank feed entry with multiple journal entries. I'll show you how.
1. Go to the Banking page.
2. In the For review tab, locate the deposit.
3. QuickBooks will find the match for the record. select it, then click on Match.
4. If not, click the deposit then tick the Find match button.
5. Then, checkmark the journal entries to be the match.
If you have multiple deposits but only a single journal entry, then you'll want to skip the matching part. Instead, you can exclude them and manually clear the journal entries in the register.
Here's how to exclude:
1. Go to the Banking page, then select the Fore review tab.
2. Find the deposit transaction and check it.
3. Hit the Exclude button.
Here's how to clear the journal entries:
1. Go to the Accounting menu, select Chart of Accounts.
2. Find the bank and click View register.
3. Locate the Journal transaction, click the " check mark" column until a " C" appears.
4. Hit Save.
Also, you can reach out to your accountant before making some changes. To make sure that there are no other accounts affected on this transactions.
Here's a handy material for more info: Reconcile an account in QuickBooks Online.
Add a comment below if you have further questions about managing your transactions. We're always here to help you. Stay safe.
View solution in original post
Thank you so much!!
You have clicked a link to a site outside of the QuickBooks Community. By clicking "Continue", you will leave the Community and be taken to that site instead.