martin3
Level 1

Finding previous bank reconciliations

how can I access prior bank reconciliation reports
13 Comments 13
Lexiesmemere
Level 7

Pro allows you to access only 1 previous reconciliation report (Premier allows access to all).  A possible workaround is to make a backup first, then undo each reconciliation (opening and saving each previous reconciliation as you go) until you get to the one after the one you need, then open that previous reconciliation and save it.

Going forward, you should always save your reports as PDFs.

Rustler
Level 15

Another work around is to take a back up of the file to a friend who has premier (same year or higher), premier can open the past recons in pro, then print them to pdf and take them with you on a usb stick.  Then as Memere says, in the future print to pdf when you finish the recon

qbteachmt
Level 15

You don't need to Print to pdf. You save as pdf. You can Display the reports, then Save them while you have them.

Gman1220
Level 1

How far back can you print bank Recs with Premier? Is it just one year or multiple?

Gman1220
Level 1

Does Premier allow you to print prior years Bank Recs and if so, how many years can you go back?

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Gman1220.

Allow me to join the thread and help share additional information about printing previous bank reconciliations in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

QuickBooks Desktop Pro only allows you to access the last reconciliation report created. However, QuickBooks Desktop Premier, Accountant and Enterprise give you access to the last 120 previous reconciliation reports. 

To view the previous reconciliation report:

1. Go to Reports at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Banking.
  3. Click on Previous Reconciliation.
  4. In the Select Previous Reconciliation Report window, choose the appropriate Account and the Statement Ending Date.
  5. Choose the Type of Report.
  6. Choose the type of transactions to include in the report.
  7. Click Display.

To learn more, you may check this article: View previous bank reconciliation reports.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns about previous bank reconciliation, I'll be right here to help you. Have a great day ahead!

joeydude23
Level 1

Hi Angelyn,

We wanted to pull out bank reconciliation for 2018 and we only have quickbooks pro. If i upgrade my version to premier today.  And restore my file on it will i be able to pull up the  last 120 Previous Reconciliation reports?  I know its more expensive but it will save me more time? Hope you can help me out

ShallyMarR
QuickBooks Team

Hello @joeydude23,

Thanks for joining the Community. I’d be glad to share some information about the upgrade process.

Yes, you should be able to open the last 120 reconciliation reports once you upgrade to Premier.

First, you need to buy the said version, then restore your file. Create a backup for all companies in QuickBooks Pro before upgrading.

Once you're ready to upgrade, I'm adding articles that will guide you through the step by step process:

Please read this article to learn more about restoring a backup of company file from QuickBooks Pro 2018 to QuickBooks Premier:

Please keep me updated if you have additional questions and concerns. I'll be more than happy to lend you a hand. All the best!

MYOB
Level 1

Smart!  Thank you!

Achamb12
Level 1

Hi! 

I have access multiple bank reconciliations but am trying to pull multiple at a time. If not I will have to pull about 100 individually which will take a lot of time. Is there a way to pull multiple reconciliations at a time within quickbooks? 

Giovann_G

I'm here to share some information about bank reconciliations, Achamb12.

Are you trying to pull up a previous bank reconciliation report for a single bank account or multiple bank accounts? If that's for multiple bank accounts, there isn't a way to get it one at a time. You need to run the report individually.

On the other hand, if it's for the same bank account. You can pull up a report for the last 120 reconciliations in QuickBooks Desktop Premier, Accountant, and Enterprise. However, it only shows your most recent if you're using the Pro version. You can follow the steps provided by my colleague  Angelyn_T to get them.

You can also check this guide for your reference:  View previous bank reconciliation reports.

Adding this resource for more insights: Fix issues when you're reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop. This contains helpful information on fixing some issues when doing reconciliation.

I'll be right here to help you if you have further questions about bank reconciliation. Enjoy the rest of the day.

MJBaccountant1
Level 1

When i get to step 6  it doesn't display a dropdown for statement date.  i have desktop pro 2020.  so i can't chose a date.  how do i solve this issue

LeizylM
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, MJBaccountant1.

Allow me to share some information about bank reconciliation in QuickBooks Desktop. 

Make sure you have the same transaction type in your reconciliation. This way, you can select the date from the statement date dropdown in QuickBooks Desktop.

You may find this article helpful in case your accounts in QuickBooks Desktop don't match your bank statements at the end of reconciliation: Fix issues when you're reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop.

You can always get back to me if you need further assistance bank reconcilaitions or managing your QuickBooks. I’ll be more than happy to work with you again. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us