QuickBooks Desktop allows you to create a Previous Reconciliation report that shows how you reconciled an account for a previous reconciliation period. This report is specially helpful when you are troubleshooting reconciliation issues or looking for account discrepancies.
View the Previous Reconciliation report
- From the QuickBooks Reports menu, select Banking then click Previous Reconciliation.
- In the Select Previous Reconciliation Report window, choose the appropriate Account and the Statement Ending Date.
- Choose the Type of Report.
- Choose the type of transactions to include in the report.Transactions cleared at the time of reconciliation
- This report is a snapshot of your previous reconciliation, and shows you what was reconciled.
- This report opens as a PDF file.
- To print this report, click the Print icon at the top of the PDF window or right-click the report and then click Print.
- To save this report, click the floppy disc icon. Make sure to choose a location on your computer and assign an appropriate file name.
Transactions cleared plus any changes made to those transactions
- This report shows you the current state of each transaction cleared in your previous reconciliation for this account.
- Transactions that have been deleted or assigned to another account will no longer show.
- This report opens as a QuickBooks report. You can then print, modify, or export the information in this report to use in other programs, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Click Display.