cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken_43
Level 1

why balance is different depends on the period

Dear sir or madom
I want to know why the balance is not the same between I chose period only in august and period last quater.

If I do some wrong operation, I want to know it.

Ken

7 Comments 7
VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

Hi ken_43,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I’m here to help figure things out and make sure these balances will match.

I’ve tried replicating the same scenario in my company file. I selected a bank account from my Chart of Accounts, viewed its Register, then filtered it by All dates, Last Quarter, and one specific month. In my end, the balances of each transaction stays the same regardless of the Date Range.

I also checked if we have ongoing issues about this and so far, there are none. Since your screenshot shows a different result, it's possible that your browser's cache is causing this to happen.

Let's try a few browser-related troubleshooting to resolve this. You'd need to log in to your QuickBooks Online account using a private browser. It doesn't store cache and cookies which makes it the best place to start.

The steps vary per browser used:

1. Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  2. Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  3. Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  4. Safari: press Command + Shift + N

If the balances stay the same in your register when using the private browsing session, you'll need to go back to your regular browser and clear its cache to remove stored data.

Here's an article for the detailed steps:

How do I clear my browser cache and temporary Internet files?

This should help make the balances match despite of the date range you want to use. Also, it will refresh your browser, making it work efficiently and load pages faster.

Give these steps a try and let me know how things go. I’m here to help anytime!

ken_43
Level 1

Dear vivienj

VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, ken_43.

Thanks for trying out the steps I presented above. Rest assured, I’ll be with you until we sort things out with your SCB Current Register balance.

Let’s first isolate what’s causing the discrepancies. Do you have other bank accounts in your Chart of Accounts? If you do, can you view its register? Please toggle the date range to Last Quarter, and 1/8/2018-31/8/2018, then check the balances?

This will help us see if it’s only happening to one account or affecting the others as well. Once done, you’ll want to go back to your SCB Current Account, then change the dates to a different month.

Please let me know what the results are so I can check them with our escalation team. I would appreciate if you can add screenshots as to how they are showing on your end.

I’ll be looking forward to your response so that we can get this fixed for you. Have a great day!

ken_43
Level 1

Thank you for your message.

I tried another account, and the discrepancies caused same thing.

If I chose "Last quarter" the amount will be 8,349,953.39 on 8/31,

but if I chose "1/8/2018 - 31/8/2018" the amount will be 7,390,115.04.

and another mystery happened, if I sorted by date opposite,

the amount will be changed...

Please check the file attached.

ken_43
Level 1

this is the screen shot when I sorted opposite.

VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

Hello ken_43.

I appreciate you working with me on this. The screenshots you’ve added, and the results you’ve mentioned when filtering the dates on your register are helpful.

Regardless of whether you sort your transactions by descending or ascending order, the amount in the balance column should be the same. I’ve collated the details you have shared with me and forwarded them to our Escalation team.

I’ll update you with the results as soon as I get a message from them. Hang in there; rest assured you’re not alone on this. We’ll work hand in hand until those amounts will show correctly.

If you have other questions, please let me know by sending a response below. I’ll be around. Have a great weekend ahead!

VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

I hope everything's been going well, ken_43.

I've already forwarded your concern to the dedicated team. We would also request that you send us an email about this so we can generate a case number under your account. 

This will be used as a basis to create an investigation ticket. To send your email, follow these steps:

1. Go to this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en/contact.
  2. Select Working with your Bank, then choose Downloading Transactions.
  3. Scroll down and click Send Email.

You should hear from us as soon as possible. If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to let me know. Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us