Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlcomfort-dse
Level 1

W2 is not mapping local taxes

3 Comments 3
JenoP

We'd want to make sure that you're tax forms are correct before sending them out, jlcomfort-dse.

Local taxes and other payroll items might not show up on their respective boxes if they're not set up correctly.  Our Payroll Support Team can access your account and help you review the setup. They can also help you make the adjustment to make sure the local taxes are mapped correctly. 

Here's how to reach out to them:

1. Open this link: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=64.
  2. Look for QuickBooks Online Payroll.

We're always here if you need some help with QuickBooks in the future. 

Rick1075
Level 1

I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with support trying to get my local taxes to be mapped to my employees w-2 forms.  No success.  I am sure it has to do with a mapping set up, but cant find out where to make these changes.  Any suggestions? 

MarsStephanieL
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Rick1075.

Allow me to share some details about mapping the W-2 Form in QuickBooks Online.

This is not needed since QBO will automatically assign the designated accounts for each box as long as the local tax was created according to the state's instructions. You can check the local taxes setup per employee in their Pay section.

This is how it looks like:

I've added this article about printing your W-2 forms once local taxes per employee was set up properly: Print your W-2 forms.

You may consider checking this article to know more about W-2 forms: How to Understand and Fill Out a W2.

I'll be here in the comment section if you have other questions. Please don't hesitate to reply below. Take care.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us